LOWER DIR: The Pakistan Kisan Mazdoor Tehreek (PKMT) on Saturday arranged a protest rally at the Asbanr area of Lower Dir to express solidarity with Palestinian resistance in their struggle for freedom and liberation of their land and people. The PKMT local activists including Altaf Hussain, Ahmad Shah and others addressed the rally which was attended by workers and local area elders. The speakers condemned the US-backed Israeli aggression and illegal occupation of Palestinian land, the expulsion of millions of Palestinians, and genocide. They said that countries of the world, which advocated human rights and democracy were silent spectators; seemed to be blind and deaf to the violence enacted by the Israeli forces. They said the people of Gaza had been imprisoned in an “open prison” and their every human right was being violated.
According to a press release issued by the PKMT, since 1948, Zionist Israel with full backing of colonial masters of Britain and the US has occupied Palestine, inflicting terrible aggression on the region through numerous wars and political turmoil. “Israel is a threat to world peace, no doubt based on the humongous military and economic aid being given by the US”, it said, adding that prior to the British mandate, the Jewish population was only 6% of Palestine’s population. Between 1947 and 1950, Zionist troops expelled more than 750,000 Palestinians. It occupied 78 percent of historic Palestine and divided the remaining 22 percent into the West Bank and Gaza. Between 2008 and 2021, 5,739 Palestinians were martyred in various conflicts, including 1,255 (22%) Palestinian children and 565 (10%) Palestinian women, while the number of Israelis is only 251.
“The Pakistan Kisan Mazdoor Tehreek salutes the Palestinian people, especially the farmers for their courage, and perseverance. We join the people of the world who city to city, village to village, country to country and continent to continent have stood up against Israeli aggression and the US military support that has been dispatched for the help of Zionist Israel, in support of the people of Palestine”, the release adds.